Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Book Review - The Bunko Babes by Leah Starr Baker

The Bunko Babes
Leah Starr Baker
Harrison House
ISBN # 978-0978513757

The Bunko Babes by Leah Starr Baker is one of those summer reads whose title and cover usually would send me elsewhere. Thankfully that didn’t happen this time, for which I was pleasantly rewarded. It isn’t often an author is able to include a character’s faith without attempting to convert the reader or use it to create conflict.

At first, keeping track of the many characters became more and more of a chore, to the point where I gave up – since they were the same women found most anywhere. However, this did allow me to relax and connect with the story Baker tells, which is where the power of this novel lies. The story of a life filled with the power of love - of family, of friends and of God - is never easy to put into words. Words that left me smiling.
- Lori Schneider

For more information about The Bunko Babes and Leah Starr Baker, please visit Blog Stop Book Tours.

4 comments:

Leah Starr said...

Lori, thank you for the kind words and for giving me the highest compliment: sharing my faith without trying to convert. That was what I wanted to do. I wanted to show others the life of a Christian and how challenging yet rewarding it can be. I am so glad that you enjoyed "The Bunko Babes".

Many Bunko Blessings,

Leah Starr Baker
author of "The Bunko Babes"
www.thebunkobabes.biz

Anonymous said...

really a nice blog with a lot of great content ..

Anonymous said...

really a nice blog with a lot of great content Online dating http://tringuladating.com/ a dating services site for singles.

Anonymous said...

Asia Carrera