Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hope

I've been hesitant to talk politics here. I don't want to dissuade people from reading if they don't agree with my beliefs or affiliations. It makes no difference to me whether you are a Republican, Democrat or an Independent, please vote on Tuesday. It's your right, as our government is by and for the people.

Having said all that, I watched Barack Obama last night. I found myself on the brink of tears a few times. America is facing incredibly difficult times right now. Many of the people I know are starting to sweat. They're not sure what their future looks like and it scares them to death. I worry about them, as well as about my own family.

Every time I listen to Senator Obama, I feel myself drawn into his message of change and hope. Let's face it, hope has been scarce lately. Dogged acceptance of circumstance seems to be the current atmosphere. I think America is better than this. The last eight years have bogged us down further and further into a quagmire of fear and disappointment. Uncertainty and desperation are not good places to work from.

I think that Barack Obama has what it takes to run this country. I've read and watched as much as I can about him. If you don't share my opinion, that's okay. It's a free country, last I checked. And yes, I've read up on McCain, and Palin, and Biden.

My birthday is Election Day. I will be 39 years old. I have never looked forward to a birthday so much as this one. Not even my 21st. I want to know who our next President will be, and I want the campaigning to be over.

2 comments:

Yasmin said...

I talk politics on APOOO all the time...but then again 95% of my audience is Dems...lol.
But, honestly, no one is perfect...and it's going to take a lot to get us out of this mess...but I would rather take my chances on Obama rather than McCain...when Obama spoke at the Dem convention in '04...I said then...If he ever ran for President I was going to campaign for him and vote for him. I'm doing both...
OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA

xoxo

Janna Leadbetter said...

Thanks for sharing these thoughts today. I like hearing what others think about this, and why.

Happy early Birthday! That means we're both Scorpios. :) Mine is the 3rd, and election day in '96 fell on my birthday - the year I turned 18 and could first vote. What a day it was!