Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hellenic Immortal by Gene Doucette

I was pleasantly surprised by Hellenic Immortal (and Immortal, as well), both written by Gene Doucette. The books revolve around Adam - his present moniker - THE oldest living human being. Born sometime during the Paleolithic Age, Adam is literally ancient, although he stopped physically aging when he was 35 years old.

"I don’t know how old I am. My earliest memory is something along the lines of fire good, ice bad, so I think I predate written history, but I don’t know by how much. I like to brag that I’ve been there from the beginning, and while this may very well be true, I generally just say it to pick up girls."
–Adam the Immortal

I don't want to post any spoilers here, but I will say both books are sardonic, irreverent, funny as hell and emminently readable! Gene's writing style is refreshing and reminds me a bit of Jim Butcher.

You may purchase Hellenic Immortal at -

No comments: