Thursday, September 4, 2008

Escape

I spent my early afternoon up at the local cemetery. No, no one died. It just happens to be the most peaceful place available to me lately.

My step-son is attending High School online, which means he's at home a couple of days a week when he's not working at Mickie D's. We have a DSL line and if more than one of us is connected to the 'net, my computer bogs down. So, instead of growing ever more frustrated, I decided to go read a book (for review) in my car at the cemetery.

It's actually kind of cozy. I tilt the steering wheel up, push the seat all the way back and get comfortable. Then I push the button for MN Public Radio and relax. I can hear the birds singing and the breeze blowing through the trees. And there's usually not a living soul around to interrupt me.

How do you escape when the need arises?

No comments: