Monday, January 12, 2009

A world dusted in confectioner's sugar.

It began to snow at daybreak. At first a fine sifting, gradually increasing, until there were four inches of fresh powder by noon. Now, the flakes look like goose down. It lifts my spirit and makes me drowsy - simultaneously.

School was dismissed two hours early. My plans for the afternoon hit a hard stop, but I don't mind. I still remember the excitement of an early dismissal from school, and walking into my warm home and my mom hugging me. We'll make cookies and take care of homework without the pressure of dinner making, and bath taking and bedtime.

Snow like this slows things down. I do appreciate it - now and then.

2 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

I agree! How very well you've explained such an afternoon. Hope you enjoyed it just as you hoped to!

Anonymous said...

lovely imagery. and a very lovely blog. I will be back for sure! :)