Monday, June 15, 2009

Book Review - Summertime by Lynn McMonigal




Summertime
Lynn McMonigal
CreateSpace
ISBN # 978-1442102538




“Entertainment journalist Laura Bell has been a single mother for her daughter's entire life. She has not even seen her daughter's father, Joey, a member of a once hugely popular boy band, in almost 10 years. When his band, Zero Gravity, plans a reunion tour, Laura is asked to cover the event. She is suddenly forced to confront her past. Can she build a life for her daughter, one that includes Joey, without compromising her new-found Christian faith? Or will she have to choose between God and Joey?”

Summertime is the first book I've read entirely in digital format. I've been dreading doing this because I usually read curled up in my comfy recliner, or in bed just before I go to sleep. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to read Lynn's book this way.

Lynn has written a terrific feel good story. It touches on some difficult issues, but remains hopeful and highly entertaining. It's a smooth read, the pacing is good - the perfect book to slip into your beach bag!
(June 2009, pp 306, $15.00)

No comments: