Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Write for free? I don't think so!

If you're a freelance writer, you know the work involved in findng writing gigs. First off, you must have original ideas that will interest an editor. Second, you have to present the ideas in such a way that grabs the editor from word one. Third, you have to make the time to write the piece as cleanly as you can.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty tired of the writing leads that say "Please send a sample relevant to the topic." I've been published, I have two blogs, and I'm capable of writing an email. Shouldn't that be enough? I'm not inclined to write something fresh, email it off to an unknown person, never hear anything back and then see my work show up somewhere without any compensation for it.

Honestly, does it really have to be this frustrating (and insulting)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really something one should follow!
Bcoz nothing comes free these days.

Find business opportunities at freelance management
company that lists quality Job openings.