Saturday, July 21, 2007

It's finally over.

My copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows arrived a little after noon today. I sat down and read the first few pages shortly thereafter. Errands had to be accomplished, so I went shopping for a couple of hours, and then started reading again.

Let me preface the following with this...I was not impressed with book six of the series. By the end of it, I had lost all connection with and/or sympathy for the characters. When Dumbledore died and the memorial service was held, I was terribly disappointed with how J. K. Rowling handled it.

However, I wanted to give the final book a chance. I read just past page 50 and then turned to the last chapter and read from there to the end. I couldn't see reading thru 700+ more pages to know how it ended. I'm sure that kids who have been fans since page one of book one will be tickled with book seven, but I wasn't.

No comments: