Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summertime... and the living is?

I adore Spring. Everything wakes up, greens up, perks up. Summertime, not so much amore.

It's starting to get hot here. My computer hard drive begins to complain at around 3 pm when the house temperature climbs above 85 degrees. I'm thinking about cooking dinner at 5 am, so that I don't have to add to the sweat factor in the evening.

I can't whine too much though, as we need the high temps to encourage a huge yield of tomatoes, cucumbers and squash. If you get the chance this summer, try grilling sliced zucchini and summer squash. Slide skewers through them sideways, gloss them up with olive oil, and sprinkle them with salt and pepper - then lay them on the grill. Amazing!

I am off now to get chores done before it gets too warm. And then, back to work.

No comments: