Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rescue me...!

The husband, the boys and I decided to hike down by the river last night. It was a gorgeous, temperate Minnesota evening and we wanted to take advantage of it. As we were walking back to the car, I heard a mewww. Then I heard another one, looked over across the road, and saw a tiny, not more than 10 weeks old, kitten. All alone, no houses it could belong to, and no collar.

Call me a sap, a sucker or downright sentimental, but there was no way I could leave that kitten on the side of a well traveled highway to get squished. I rescued it. We brought her home, introduced her to our other cats and they are now trying to work out their differences.

Introducing Shadow - 10 weeks old



















And this is Girr - 6 months old.
















And this is Honey - 4 years old.














Honey and Girr look a lot alike in their facial markings. Honey is a marble tabby. We're not sure about Girr. Shadow is a Tortoiseshell Tabby.

I didn't intend to have a house full of cats, but as it happens, I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you aren't a sucker. Three cats are easy to manage. I however, have been suckered into raising seven felines. Not by choice, but they are mine now and I love them every single one.