Thursday, August 21, 2008

Woopsie!

I got so busy with work this morning and kids this afternoon, that I just now realized I hadn't blogged yet.

My stepson's birthday is today. He's 17. Happy birthday to him!

My littlest boy asked me to make playdough earlier. So, I used Google to find a recipe for it, and I made a batch. We used food coloring to make blue, yellow and green dough. We had lots of fun squishing the dough to even out the color. I had green fingers for a little while. Cam and my older boy played at the table for a couple of hours. It was great.

The recipe follows.

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil (olive or vegetable)
2 tablespoons cream of tartar

Mix flour, cream of tartar, salt and oil in a saucepan. Slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff. Turn out onto wax paper and let cool. Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency.

It feels just like playdough you'd buy at the store, but it doesn't smell like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was young we made peanut butter playdoh (you have to make sure your hands are clean first!). I found a recipe here.