Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Love the smell of ink in the morning...

Well, maybe not so much ink, but anyone who writes probably gets my meaning.

I love mornings. I especially love mornings that are quiet and cool. My children are giving me an inadvertent and welcome gift today by sleeping in. I've been up since 6:45, drinking coffee, checking emails and reading blogs and message boards about writing.

If I'm allowed at least an hour of peace first thing in the morning, my day flows better. Getting up before 7 a.m. may be painful for some, but I've been doing it for about 4 months now, and it really works for me and for my writing.

There is a discipline to writing. Finding what works for you and sticking to a routine will help get more words on paper or into your computer. Until school starts, the only consistent routine I have is getting up early to get as much accomplished as I can before the kid-chaos kicks in.

Speaking of my children, the littlest one is starting to stir.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES. I've been doing that all summer too. In fact it's exactly what i am doing now and the kids are having a great lie in :-)