Friday, September 14, 2007

Interview - Jane Wenham Jones, author of Wannabe A Writer?




Today's "5 Q&A" is with Jane Wenham-Jones, author of Wannabe A Writer?






1.) Who are you?

I am an author, journalist, occasional broadcaster, after-dinner speaker and agony aunt to Writing Magazine.

2.) What books are on your bedside table?

Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes. Murder Most Fab by Julian Clary (I am interviewing him on stage in October and I can't wait!), Second Honeymoon by Joanna Trollope, Wild Abandon by Penny Vincenzi, Broken by Martina Cole and The Conjuror's Bird by Martin Davies.

3.) Why did you decide to write this particular book?

I was getting really great feedback on my Writing Magazine column - which I enjoy hugely - and I realised there was a real call for advice on writing that was accessible and readable and made a few jokes! I have got into the habit of quoting an "expert" or two in each column - another author or a publisher or agent and I thought it would be great to have a book peppered with the words of wisdom of a whole heap of professionals from the book world. Also it was high time someone broached the subject of Writers' Bottom.

4.) Will you be coming to the United States to promote Wanna Be a Writer?

I would absolutely love to. American Publishers/Publicists/the great American public - are you reading this??

5.) What's next?

I am currently working on a novel and after that I plan a "sequel" to Wannabe a Writer?


Thanks so much, Jane!




Wannabe a Writer? is available for pre-order at Amazon.com. For more information, check out Jane's website at www.janewenham-jones.com.

No comments: