Monday, September 10, 2007

PSA - and weather

I interrupt my fairly consistent, regularly scheduled blogging to say there will be no book review this morning. I spent an entirely lovely weekend with my family, and therefore did not get as far in the book as I had hoped. It's a terrific book, and I don't want to give it short shrift by rushing the reading of it.

That having been said, the weather was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous here this past weekend. High's in the lower 60's, light breeze and sunshine. It was the opening act of an early Autumn. We will most likely have our first frost by Saturday.

We broke out the "winter" quilt last night, and were very glad of it. I refuse to turn on the furnace until absolutely necessary, and even with the windows closed, there was a definite chill in the air when I rolled out of bed this morning.

I'll be reading and baking today. The book review is tentatively re-scheduled for Wednesday morning. It'll be worth the wait.

No comments: