Thursday, May 29, 2008

Review - Candles Burning by Tabitha King and Michael McDowell


















Candles Burning
Tabitha King and Michael McDowell
Berkley Hardcover
ISBN # 978-0425210284

"After her father's horrific murder, Calley Dakin and her mother find themselves exiled to Pensacola Beach, where a woman awaits their presence. A woman who understands that Calley is no normal little girl, but can't begin to imagine just how strong her bond is with her father-even after death."

I've been putting off writing this review, because honestly, I wasn't all that impressed. I bought the book on impulse, thinking it would be good, because I'd read one of her earlier books many years ago. There is nothing technically wrong with the writing. I just didn't enjoy the story all that much. In fact, it's darn close to forgettable.
(May 2006, pp 432)

No comments: