Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Unplugged - off the grid... well, for the most part

We had an absolutely amazing Memorial Day weekend. The weather was beautiful and warm. We relaxed, and played and ate way too much summertime food (burgers and brats, steaks, watermelon, lemonade, strawberry rhubarb pie and probably a gallon of orange juice). I will be taking a few bike rides and watching what I eat this week. I swear, my belly hasn't stuck out this much since I was pregnant with my youngest child.

I barely touched my computer. I did check emails with my cell phone, but other than that, for the first time in a very long time, I was unplugged. It was so nice, almost like a mini-vacation, except that we didn't leave town. The strangest thing about it is that I feel like we took a two week vacation.

Today, later on, I will be posting a review of Candles Burning by Tabitha King and Michael McDowell. And, if you get a chance, check out Jerry Waxler's blog post today at Memory Writers Network. It's well worth the read.

No comments: