Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Working from home...

Multi-tasking is something I'm usually good at. Apparently, usually isn't today.

I put together some homemade Spaghetti sauce and left it to simmer on the stove. I then proceeded to sit down at the computer - at the other end of the house - and begin working on a query letter. I became so engrossed that I forgot about the sauce, until I started to smell something faintly reminiscent of burning tomato sauce.

Yep, I burned the sauce. Luckily, I knew better than to stir it. I grabbed another pan, carefully poured the sauce into it, and put the pan with the burned on gook in the bottom into my sink and filled it with hot-hot-hot water.

Sauce is now simmering on LOW, and I didn't ruin my copper bottom pan.

Note to self, pay more attention to the tasks you're multi-ing.

No comments: