Thursday, October 11, 2007

Writing Strengths

Elrena tagged me with a writing meme. I'm supposed to write about my writing strengths.
So, here we go....

I can write about just about anything, if I can find the information. Essays, articles, stories, blurbs, press releases - you name it, I can write it.

I'm a fast writer. I compose most of the piece in my head, and when I'm ready, I sit down and blast it out.

I edit as I write, so it's rare for me to have more than one rough draft. I suspect this comes from the fact that during my high school years, I took a full course load (all four years), held down a job, babysat when I wasn't at that job and read everything I could get my hands on. That didn't leave a lot of time for third and fourth drafts.

Now as everyone knows every strength can be a weakness, too. I can write just about anything, which sometimes leaves me feeling like a kid in a candy store. I can't choose just one.

I am a fast writer, but that leaves people perceiving my ability, now and then, as something to take for granted.

Editing as I write can sometimes stifle my creativity.

That's all folks.

I'm tagging...

The Death Wizard Chronicles
Not Afraid of the "F" Word
The Wicked Flower Girl Thinks Outloud
Side Dish
April Aragam

1 comment:

Jim Melvin said...

I did one on my blog and tagged Chris Stevenson.