Friday, March 14, 2008

March AW Blog Chain













I'm taking part in the March Absolute Write Blog Chain. In the previous post by Heather at For the First Time, she said -

"At this stage in my life, I’m going to let other people in my life parent the dogs. I’m going to be the “aunt” who goes over, feeds them treats, plays with them, and once they’re wound up, say goodbye! I’ll leave the poop-scooping, feeding, training, etc to those who possess the patience to do so!"

I absolutely agree. I have a cat, but she is the chief bug and mouse catcher. She pretty much takes care of herself. She's more the kids' pet than mine. I occasionally refer to her as my "office mascot", because she likes to curl up on my printer.

At this stage in my life, I see dogs much the same as I see babies. Dogs are great, as long as they belong to someone else. Babies are adorable, as long as they aren't mine. I've had dogs at one point or another in my life. I loved them. I don't want one now. I have 4 kids. I don't want any more babies of my own, ever. I am, however, looking forward to Grand-babies, say in about, oh, 10 years.

With that, please visit PolySpace, the next blog in the chain.



Secret Government EGGO Project

Fantastical Imagination

For the First Time

Virtual Wordsmith

Polyspace

My Life, You're Welcome to It

Polenth's Quill

Food History

Spontaneous Derivation

Spittin' (out words) Like a Llama

Fresh Hell

SLAKE

Forbidden Snowflake

Virginia Lee's Vagaries

10 comments:

Polenth said...

Yay for cute kitties!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow... I might have grandkids one day... **faints**

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to write about what how I feel because I feared I would be criticized for my feelings. It's good to know that I'm not alone!

Anonymous said...

I agree that dogs can be a handful but they're just too darned cute!

colbymarshall said...

I love that cats mostly take care of themselves...I have both dogs and cats, but cats are so much easier!

M T Nestr said...

Cats can make incredibly interesting roommates.

Beth is wfg said...

I'm with you, Lynn. No desire to have a dog or a baby any time in the near future! The cats are quite nice to have around, though, especially now that the kids have to do the feeding and litter-scooping. ;)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I grew up with a dog, never had a cat. My wife had a cat when we were dating, and they sort of grew on me.

I still love dogs, but like you I don't want any more kids.

Arachne Jericho said...

If there was any pet I would have, it would probably be a cat.

However, I'm home so little of the time that the cat would end up depressed and would probably scratch my furniture or eat my Wii remote or something like that.

Fish, I suppose, wouldn't care, but they are really not the same.

Virginia Lee said...

I LOVE THAT KITTY!

If your kids get tired of that kitty, please keep me in mind. That kitty is my favorite flavor after orange ones.

And a comment to AJ above -- the trick is to have TWO cats. Then they keep each other company and not tear up the house so much. Also there are nifty doohickeys called softpaws that would prevent them from scratching furniture.