Sunday, October 28, 2007

Book Review - Amorous Woman by Donna George Storey





Amorous Woman
Donna George Storey
Neon
ISBN # 978-1905619177



'The day I left Japan, I stared at my reflection in the mirror in the airport ladies' room and made the following vows: I would never tell another lie, especially to myself. I would never let desire overwhelm common sense. I would never sleep with a man who was married to someone else, mime fellatio with a complete stranger on a stage, or take money for sex again. In fact, to cover all bases, I would never have sex again with anyone, man or woman, for the rest of my life.'

Amorous Woman is a lush, sensual, raw, vibrant and yes, erotic book. It is the story of an American woman who ate, slept and breathed Japan, as told to two of her Japanese Business Practices students. Part memoir, part erotica, part tour book - Amorous Woman is alive with the sounds, scents and scenes of Japan.

Donna George Storey is a storyteller, as well as a writer. I had a difficult time stepping away from this book, because I felt transported while reading it. I also didn't want it to end. I wanted to know more!
(August 2007, pp 352, $12.00)

No comments: