Monday, November 26, 2007

Book Review - Sexiest Man Alive by Diana Holquist






Sexiest Man Alive
Diana Holquist
Forever
ISBN # 978-0446617987









"Jasmine Burns’s One True Love as destined by Fate is named Josh Toby. Of course, he might not be THE Josh Toby, the biggest movie star of the decade. After all, a shy girl like her could never be loved by a movie star like him? Could she?"

You should never judge a book by its cover. If I had to guess what would be found in the pages of Sexiest Man Alive, I would assume shallow characters and lots of sex, and I would have been terribly mistaken. I would have missed out on a great story, as well.

Jasmine and Toby are polar opposites when it comes to personality, but not so much regarding their core values. Add in a quirky, supposedly psychic sister, a patient and kind librarian, and a manipulative wanna-be girlfriend - and an ecclectic romantic comedy is born. This book is a terrific study of people's insecurities and the confusion that ensues when fear gets in the way of honesty.

I'll probably be stuffing someone's stocking with this deliciously funny book!
(October 1, 2007, pp 352, $6.99)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What an awesome review! This book sounds great.

Cheryl M.

Diana Holquist said...

Hey, wait, isn't there lots of sex? I tried to put it in. Sheesh...

It's funny; I honestly always think there's lots of sex in my books. I guess it's all relative. Make Me a Match, my first book, got a "mild" rating from Romantic Times--the kiss of death.

But it's true--some people have been angry that there's not enough sex in Sexiest Man Alive. I guess when your cover has a man in a towel, folks expect the towel to come off QUICK.

Thanks so much for the lovely review, I'm so glad you liked the book.

--DIana

Dyan said...

Diana: So the deep, not shallow characters are having sex. LOL! I think she meant the book wasn't just paper characters having meaningless sex. There probably is a lot of sex in there. It maybe just has meaning. This seems like a very well written story that also has sex in it. I'm sure there is just the right amount - towel or no towel. And we all know from high school perhaps that the sexiest or most good looking people aren't necessarily the ones having the dates or the sex.