Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya...

I very seriously considered applying for a job, a month ago, with our local police department. Decent pay, no commute costs (I could have walked to work) and I would've sported a sharp looking police type uniform. The week I planned on dropping off my application, four people in my house came down with Strep Throat.

I am incredibly happy I decided not to put my name in the hat. I have had at least one kid home from school, once a week, since. With four kids, keeping a "real", out of the house job seems to be an impossibility.

The reason I bring this up is my youngest son was home yesterday. He woke up with a queasy tummy. He never vomited once during the day, but last night was a different story. He was sick, off and on, from 12:30 until 3:00 this morning. We both finally settled down to sleep about an hour before my husband got up for work.

He's feeling better this morning, but I couldn't send him to school. He'll be exhausted by noon, and the school doesn't want my little darling back until 24 hours after the last "vomiting episode" - which wasn't at seven this morning.

I'm heading to the kitchen to search for toothpicks, to hold my eyelids open until mid-morning. Then, my littlest boy and I will crawl into my warm blankets, snuggle up together and sleep (hopefully) for a couple of hours before the rest of the troops show up around three.

Faith, family, career.

No comments: