Monday, August 27, 2007

How is this possible?

One in Four Read No Books Last Year

The Chicago Tribune reported on August 21, 2007 - "One in four adults read no books at all in the past year, according to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll released Tuesday."

I can't imagine not reading at least a book a month, let alone a year. I suppose it comes down to how you want to spend your spare time. I would much rather read a book than watch a movie or television. But, then again, I rarely have the quiet time to watch a movie from beginning to end without interruption. Whereas I can put a book down, deal with a distraction, and come right back to the story.

I'm so glad my kids have seen me reading and have been exposed to my love of words. I would be so sad if they went a year without reading a book.

No comments: