Friday, September 21, 2007

And...we're back.

The last couple of days have made a circus look calm and organized. My ex-husband, who is also still one of my good friends, has been having some issues, one of which is the house he is living in has no electricity. So, he stopped by to grab a hot shower at our place. I'm good with this, it's not a weird thing.

Unemployment is another issue he's facing right now. He was layed off from a really good job in the construction business. He's been job shopping using our computer (reference no electricity above).

My neighbor and good friend also lost her job a month or so ago. She's been waiting to hear yeah or nay about a contract position. The more days that go by without an answer, the more stir crazy she gets. I've been trying to be a supportive friend by sharing my coffee and my ear and my shoulder.

I woke up with a headache the last two mornings. Usually I can deal, but these were "someone slamming a brick into the back of my head repeatedly" headaches. Each throb made my vision blur and made the possibility of spending much of my morning kneeling in front of the porcelain a welcome prospect.

So, needless to say, I've been a wee bit distracted.

I started feeling better around noon today. I could actually look at the computer screen without the words melting down the screen. I made some applesauce cookies and apple scones (1/2 a bushel of Haralson's to process, can you tell?). I just finished cooking a double batch of applesauce (1/4 bushel down, 1/4 to go). I also added another recipe to the Crockpot Recipes page.

Tomorrow should be a much better day.

No comments: