Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School!



The whole gang

My "officially a big kid" Kindergartener

Waving goodbye











Today is a banner day! ALL of my babies are in school!

It's been a very long time since I've had a full day that was all mine. You would have thought that I would have been dancing a jig. But, as I watched my youngest step onto the bus, my eyes filled up with tears, and I continued to cry off and on for about 20 minutes. Tears of sadness and elation at exactly the same time.

Then, I got into the shower and reveled in the fact that no one was knocking on the door, or peeing, or arguing. I got out, got dressed, poured myself a cup of coffee and put a classical music CD in the stereo. And, I can actually hear it.

It's probably going to take me a week to get used to this, but is it ever weird to hear myself think.

No comments: