Monday, April 28, 2008

Reading for fun! The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


















I read The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan this weekend. It's fantastic! I've been meaning to read it for a while now. It's been sitting on the bookcase for months, but I just hadn't gotten around to it.

From Rick's website -

What if the gods of Olympus were alive in the 21st Century? What if they still fell in love with mortals and had children who might become great heroes -- like Theseus, Jason and Hercules?

What if you were one of those children?


This is the first in a series of books called Percy Jackson and the Olympians. The second and third books are out in print and the fourth is due to be released in May. For more information, click here.

1 comment:

Lillie Ammann said...

I love hearing good things about Rick's work. His wife worked for me while he was still in college, and I'm amazed that the college kid I knew (quite a few years ago :-) turned out to be such a talented writer.