Monday, January 14, 2008

Review - September Dawn by Carole Whang Schutter


















September Dawn
Carole Whang Schutter
AuthorHouse
ISBN # 978-1434300225

"The daughter of a Christian pastor and the son of a Mormon Bishop fall in love amidst an atmosphere of fear and hatred. It was a love so wonderful, it refused to die. A story so amazing, it struggled to be told. An act so atrocious, it was shrouded in secrecy."

September Dawn is first and foremost a love story, but running a close second is the story of religious fanaticism. I knew how the book would end, but still, I had to read it for the experience - for the telling of the tale. It's beautifully written, and there were many times when my heart would swell in my chest and my eyes filled with tears.

Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

(June 8, 2007, pp 276, $19.95)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Great review! I loved this story too. The ending is very well done.

Cheryl