Saturday, July 14, 2007

Blogging... and Stats... and Feeds... OH MY!
























I fully admit to being a Nerd - a Geek, even. So much so that I covet this t-shirt. (Here is where you can get it.)

I was a skinny, gawky, bespectacled bookworm by the time I was ten. Perpetual curiosity is hardwired into my nature, lovingly referred to by me as "got-to-knowitis".

There is, however, a limit to my dorkiness. That limit is just shy of four hours - four hours spent learning about Site Feeds, and Pings, and statistical analysis of traffic to my blog. It's really not that difficult, but the information needed was not all in one place. And when I had the information I needed, I was required to change HTML code in my blog.

You may be asking yourself "Why is this important to me?" Let me tell you, if you are using a blog to promote yourself, or your product, this will be invaluable to you. Traffic doesn't just miraculously come to your blog or website, you must seek it out!

Confirm that your blog service provides site feeds, and if it doesn't, add some yourself. Make it so easy for your readers to subscribe to your blog, they can't stop themselves. Be sure Search Engines are listing your blog. And add relevant keywords to your HTML code. Seed your URL all over the 'Net. Save it in the signature line of your emails and any forums you post to. Add it to your business cards. Paint it on your car doors, if you think it will help!

These are the sites that saved me from going completely gray last night.


No comments: