For the work-at-home mom convenience items:
- Crock pot - I can start dinner at 8 a.m. and not have to think about it all day. Of course, I become terribly hungry when the aroma of Guinness Pot Roast begins wafting through the house.
- Electric Roaster - Same effect as the Crock pot, but cooks larger items like turkey or ham.
- 12 Cup Coffee Maker - I bet you can guess why.
- DVD Player - When the work just has to be done by deadline, a new movie the littlest one hasn't seen before allows for at least an hour and a half of quiet. (I am NOT advocating TV as a babysitter.)
For the work-at-home writer:
- All-in-One Printer - Fax/Scanner/Copier/Printer
- Electric Pencil Sharpener
- Three Hole Paper Punch
- Tape Dispenser
- Cordless Phone
- Headset - Preferably one for the phone and one for the computer
- Unlimited Long Distance Calling
- Broadband Internet Connection
- Microsoft Office Software
- Day planner/Scheduler
The one thing I don't ever want to go without again is The Pharos Traveler 525e. Yes, it's spendy. Yes, it's probably trendy, too. I don't care, because it comes with Windows Media Player, Microsoft Pocket Excel, Microsoft Pocket Outlook, Microsoft Pocket Word, Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer - all the programs a writer could ever need. And I can connect to the Internet anywhere there is an unsecured wireless connection. It's also a great way for me to keep notes in one place. My scraps of paper have a way of disappearing. I call it my "office in my purse".