Reading has always been a favorite pastime for me. I was devouring Young Adult novels by the time I started second grade. I cut my permanent teeth on Stephen King, Dean Koontz and Anne Rice. My mother would have to call me five and six times if I was in the middle of a book.
I'm no different now. I try not to read anything that takes me too far away when the kids are here, but I still read constantly. My happiest moments are those spent with instrumental music playing in the background, gourmet coffee in my favorite cup and an amazing book in my hand.
All that being said, I thought I'd share some of the books I've read in preparing for my Freelance writing career. There are some terrific books out there for the beginning Freelance writer. The books listed below are within arm's reach of my computer. I refer back to them often. These are in no particular order, other than how I come across them on my bookcase.
- Writing for Quick Cash - Loriann Hoff Oberlin
- The Elements of Style - Strunk and White
- On Writing - Stephen King
- If You Want to Write - Brenda Ueland
- Thinking Like Your Editor - Susan Rabiner/Alfred Forutunato
- 30 Steps to Becoming a Writer - Scott Edelstein
- The Renegade Writer - Linda Formichelli/Diana Burrell
- Make a Real Living as a Freelance Writer - Jenna Glatzer
As I read more books about Freelance writing, entrepreneurs and working from home, I'll be reviewing them here. I have a few en route to me. I can't wait to read them!